Saturday, February 7, 2015

Certified Unheated Ceylon Sapphire Octagon Purple

Blue Ceylon sapphires have been very hard to get lately.  World demand has gone up, and the mines are not producing as much as they used to.  But when the opportunity arises, I buy.  This stone is octagon cut, very unusual, a rich purple outdoors and more blue indoors.  It is unheated.  (I can take it to the lab for you and get it certified for $20).  This is a very reasonable buy at 2+ carats.

Here are the specs:

Size: 2.27 Ct
Measurements: 7.2 x 4.9 mm
Shape: Octagon
Origin: Sri Lanka (Ceylon)
Color: Purple-Blue (more purple than blue)
Treatment: None
Per carat price: $1200
Price of gem: $2724

You have a two week inspection period with this gem, during which you can return it for a full refund, no questions asked.  I can also make you a custom order.  Custom orders are not refundable, which is why I suggest that you get the gem first and look at it.  I would personally never buy an expensive item before having held the gem in my hand, so I don't think you should, either.                    


Powered by: BKGjewelry